Types Of Personal Data We Collect, Why & How We Used It
- If visitors leave comments on our blog, we usually collect the their data shown in the comments section alongside their IP address and browser. This is to help detect and prevent spam on our blog.
- Also note that your profile picture will become visible to the public immediately your comment has been approved of your comment. Though within the context of your comment.
We would admonish our users to ensure that when they upload images to our site, they should ensure they don’t add it upload images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Users of our website can download and extract any location data from images.
Just like other blogs, https://bestgroupnames.com/ also uses log files. Inside the Log file you will find information such includes Internet Service Provider (ISP), internet protocol (IP) addresses, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, type of browser, administer the site, and a number of clicks to analyze trends, track user’s movement on the site, as well as gather demographic information. Users IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
- Whenever you log in on our website, we set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. The login cookies usually last for two days while the screen options cookies last for a year. Your login will persist for two weeks if you select the “Remember Me”. But whenever you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you publish or edit a post, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. Note that the cookie includes no personal data and will simply indicates the post ID of the article you just posted or edited. Nevertheless, it expires after 1 day.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your email address, and name on our website in cookies. The process is actually for your convenience so you don’t have to fill in your details again after you leave another comment. The cookies usually last for 365 days.
- If you log in on our blog, we’ll set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie usually last while your browser is still open but disappears as soon as you close the browser. Also note that there are no personal data attached to it.
If visitors use the form on our blog, we usually collect the data as filled in the contact form which includes: Email, Name, Subject of Message and finally, the Message. We also collect the visitors IP address and browser user agent string in order to help detect and curb out span. The message sent through the contact form arrives in our contact e-mail; as we do not store any copy of the message on our website’s database.
CONTENTS FROM OTHER BLOGS
- Some of the post you will find on our blog may include embedded content (e.g. images, videos, articles, etc.). You will get the exact experiences you get with Embedded content from other websites; as it’s with ours.
- Google Analytics: Google analytic helps collects the following: Data related to the device/browser, First-party cookies, IP address and on-site/app activities to measure and report statistics about visitor’s interactions on our blog (https://bestgroupnames.com/).
- Data Used: To know more on how the above data is used, Click Here.
- Data Used: WordPress.com username (if logged in), visiting URL, IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), user agent, referring URL, browser language, timestamp of event, country code. Important: We don’t in any way have access to any of this information through this feature. We can only see that a specific page has 400 views, nevertheless, we cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed the page. Stats logs — containing WordPress.com usernames (if available) and visitor IP addresses — are retained by Automattic for just 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
PEOPLE WE SHARE VISITOR’S DATA WITH:
NOTE: Visit this page to get more details on how Google uses your data.
Data Synced: This includes all data and metadata (see above) associated with comments.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
- REGISTERED USERS: If there’s any registered user on our site, we store their personal information they provide in their user profile. Our users have the right to delete or edit their personal information any time they want (NOTE: They can’t change their username). Apart from users, website administrators can also see and edit their information.
- Also note that if you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are indefinitely retained. The purpose for this is to recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- Data Collected By Google Analytics Retention Period (Those associated with User identifiers, cookies or advertising identifiers) is held for twenty-six months.
USERS RIGHT OVER THEIR DATA
- Users have the rights to ask us to erase any of their personal data we hold.
- NOTE: This doesn’t include any information we are obliged to keep for legal, administrative, or security purposes.
- You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about and that’s if you have an account on this site or have left comments. It also includes any data you have provided to us.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA?
- Note that visitor’s comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
HOW ABOUT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION?
You can contact us for any specific privacy concerns. Simply fill out the contact us form with your message.